SET For Business Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with:
- any other documents referred to in either of them
sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.setforbusiness.co.uk and/or continuing to use the App or the site via which you access our service (either directly or via the App) (Service Sites) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. www.setforbusiness.co.uk, the App Site and the Service Sites are together Our Sites.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is SET For Business Limited of Priam House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon SN2 2EH.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our service and when you report a problem with Our Sites.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, user name, password, the company that you are using Our Sites in connection with (Employer), the department that you work for, the country you primarily work in, your default language and other registration information.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your use of the service accessed via Our Sites or the App including but not limited to log in attempts, your progress on the course including which resources you have accessed, which modules you have taken, which tests you have attempted, your answers to test questions and your test results. If you contact us, we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
- We will use this information:
- To allow you to access our service and to provide you with the course.
- To remind you to complete a module or modules of the course.
- To provide you with further services linked to the course (for example we may send you notification of additional course content and questions for you to answer to reinforce your learning).
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from Our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
- We will use this information:
- To administer Our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve Our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep Our Sites safe and secure.
- To report your progress and results to your Employer.
Information we receive from your Employer
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the fulfilment of any contract we enter into with you.
- Your Employer.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If SET For Business Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Password details will be encrypted and you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us. Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.